Follow the easy steps to apply via Reward+.
- Choose 'Account' and select 'Spending Instalment Plan'
- Select balance or transaction instalment
- Choose instalment amount and repayment period
- Get instant approval results
Learn more about the details of application steps from here.
If you don't have the HSBC Reward+ app, download it now!
Act now! Apply on or before 31 January 2021 via:
- Log on to HSBC Reward+ app (applicable to Personal Internet Banking users)
- Click 'Apply Now'
- 24-hour application hotline 2233 30522233 3052
Want to know the monthly repayment and other details of your Spending Instalment Plan?
- The promotional period is from 31 July 2020 to 31 January 2021, both dates inclusive (unless otherwise specified). The Spending Instalment Plan is only applicable to posted purchase transactions billed on the current statement and unbilled purchase transactions during the promotional period, i.e. previous purchase transactions are not eligible to be settled under the Spending Instalment Plan. Other transactions, including but without limitation, cash advances, instalment plans, Octopus AAVS, all fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Cash Instalment Plan and/or Cash Credit Plan, gambling transactions, purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-Wallets, transaction at non-financial institutions (including purchase of foreign currency, money orders and travellers cheques), transaction at financial institutions (including purchase of merchandise and services from banks) and wire transfer will not qualify. Cardholder must apply for Spending Instalment Plan at least 3 working days before the payment due date of the relevant purchase.
- It is applicable for instalment amount of HKD50,000 or above. The highest annualised percentage rate for monthly handling fee of 0.18% is 3.76% (calculated based on 6 months repayment period); 4.04% (calculated based on 12 months repayment period); 4.13% (calculated based on 18 months repayment period); 4.17% (calculated based on 24 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 30 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 36 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 42 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 48 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 54 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 60 months repayment period). The handling fee and annualised percentage rate differ depending on individual customer eligibility. The handling fee rate offered to a cardholder or additional cardholder under different card accounts or primary card accounts may not be the same. Please call us on 2233 3052 to enquire your handling fee and annualised percentage rate. The annualised percentage rate (“APR”) is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. As an illustration, total repayment amount is HKD51,080 based on HKD50,000 instalment amount and 12 months instalment plan.
- It is applicable for instalment plan made for transactions of designated merchants. Terms and conditions apply, please refer to Promotional Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan for details.
- Cardholder can opt for 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54 or 60-month instalment plan.
- By using Reward+, you can submit your Spending Instalment Plan application anytime. Your applications will be processed in real-time by our system during the following periods: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 20:00, Saturday 09:00 to 17:00, Sunday and public holidays 09:00 to 24:00
Promotional Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan Promotional Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan
When can you enjoy the offer
What is the offer
- The promotional period for the offer is from 3 February 2020 to 31 January 2021.
How can you enjoy the offer
- During the promotional period, you can receive 3-month handling fee rebate for the Spending Instalment Plan applied for transactions at Designated Merchants and the approved Spending Instalment Plan amount reaches HK$5,000 or above (regardless of the transaction amount of Designated Merchants). Promotional period start date may vary for each Designated Merchant, details are included in the Designated Merchants term below. The amount of 3-month handling fee rebate offer is calculated based on the transaction amount at Designated Merchants or the approved amount of the Spending Instalment Plan, whichever is lower.
- Each Eligible Cardholder is entitled to the offer once only during each of the period of 3 February 2020 – 31 May 2020, 1 June 2020 – 30 September 2020 and 1 October 2020 – 31 January 2021. The first approved Spending Instalment Plan in each of the aforesaid periods will be eligible for the Handling Fee Rebate Offer.
Read before you enjoy the offer
- You can enjoy the offer if you submit an application for the Spending Instalment Plan to HSBC with successful approval during the promotional period and fulfil the specified requirements mentioned under Clause 2.
- You cannot exchange the offer for cash, withdrawn as a cash advance and is not transferable.
- Spending credit will be credited to an Eligible Cardholder’s HSBC credit card account within 4 months from the approval date. If an Eligible Cardholder makes early repayment or cancels the Spending Instalment Plan before the spending credit fulfilment, no spending credit will be offered. If an Eligible Cardholder makes early repayment of the withdrawal amount or cancels the Spending Instalment Plan after the spending credit fulfilment, we can debit the same spending credit amount from the Eligible Cardholder’s HSBC credit card account.
What these terms mean
- We can amend these terms and conditions or terminate/suspend the offers, and have the final decision on all matters and disputes arising out of the offers.
- In case of dispute arising out of this promotion, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
- We write the terms and conditions of the offer under Hong Kong laws. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
- “Spending Instalment Plan” means the credit card spending instalment plan offered by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Hong Kong (and its successors and assigns) from time to time.
- “Eligible Cardholder” means a customer who submits an application for the Spending Instalment Plan with successful approval during the Promotional Period and fulfils the specified requirements mentioned above is eligible for the offers under this promotion.
- “Designated Merchants” refer to Madera Residences, KeyChain Pay, East Ocean Restaurant, East Ocean Seaview Restaurant, East Ocean‧Lafayette, Victoria City Restaurant, Fook Ming Tong Tea Shop, Red Wine Village, Premier Food Ltd., Emack & Bolio's, Style50s Home Decor, Lam Kie Yuen Tea Co. Ltd., Simplii Yours, Scarlett Café & Wine Bar, NAIL ME, EF English Centers, MSL Nutritional Diet Centre Company Limited, The Little Gym, Madera Yoga, Progene Molecular Diagnostic Center, HK International Medical Centre, Exclusivités, Panasonic Showroom, Ninki Denki, Capillus, Tavolo Kids Living, Harmont & Blaine, SAVE MY BAG, Ashworth, NANNINI, MALL RIVER, SILVER'N GRACE, Byford, Culture Homes, AUSupreme, Lukfook Jewellery, Agoda and Hotels.com with promotional period starting from 3 February 2020.
Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan
Key Facts Statement for Spending Instalment Plan
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play™ is a trademark of Google LLC.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
Reference number: Y0-U8-CAMH4102
Last update on 31 July 2020