Follow the easy steps to apply via Reward+.
- Choose 'Account' and select 'Spending Instalment Plan'
- Select balance or transaction instalment
- Choose instalment amount and repayment period
- Get instant approval results
Learn more about the details of application steps from here.
If you don't have the HSBC Reward+ app, download it now!
Act now! Apply on or before 2 February 2020 via:
- Log on to HSBC Reward+ app (applicable to Personal Internet Banking users)
- 24-hour application hotline 2233 30522233 3052
- Visit hsbc.com.hk/promosip
Want to know the monthly repayment and other details of your Spending Instalment Plan?
- The promotional period is from 31 July 2019 to 2 February 2020, both dates inclusive (unless otherwise specified). The Spending Instalment Plan is only applicable to posted purchase transactions billed on the current statement and unbilled purchase transactions during the promotional period, i.e. previous purchase transactions are not eligible to be settled under the Spending Instalment Plan. Other transactions, including but without limitation, cash advances, instalment plans, Octopus AAVS, all fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Cash Instalment Plan and/or Cash Credit Plan, casino transactions, purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-Wallets, transaction at non-financial institutions (including purchase of foreign currency, money orders and travellers cheques), transaction at financial institutions (including purchase of merchandise and services from banks) and wire transfer will not qualify. Cardholder must apply for Spending Instalment Plan at least 3 working days before the payment due date of the relevant purchase.
- It is applicable for instalment amount of HKD50,000 or above. The highest annualised percentage rate for monthly handling fee of 0.18% is 3.76% (calculated based on 6 months repayment period); 4.04% (calculated based on 12 months repayment period); 4.13% (calculated based on 18 months repayment period); 4.17% (calculated based on 24 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 30 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 36 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 42 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 48 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 54 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 60 months repayment period). The handling fee and annualised percentage rate differ depending on individual customer eligibility. The handling fee rate offered to a cardholder or additional cardholder under different card accounts or primary card accounts may not be the same. Please call us on 2233 3052 to enquire your handling fee and annualised percentage rate. The annualised percentage rate (“APR”) is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. As an illustration, total repayment amount is HKD51,080 based on HKD50,000 instalment amount and 12 months instalment plan.
- It is applicable for instalment plan made for transactions of designated merchants. Terms and conditions apply, please refer to Promotional Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan for details.
- Cardholder can opt for 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54 or 60-month instalment plan.
- By using Reward+, you can submit your Spending Instalment Plan application anytime. Your applications will be processed in real-time by our system during the following periods: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 20:00, Saturday 09:00 to 17:00, Sunday and public holidays 09:00 to 24:00
Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play™ is a trademark of Google LLC.
Promotional Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan Promotional Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan
- A customer who submits an application for the Spending Instalment Plan to The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Hong Kong (and its successors and assigns) (“HSBC”) with successful approval and has fulfilled the specified requirements mentioned below during 1 February 2019 - 31 January 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotional Period”) is eligible for the offer, in the form of spending credit (the “Spending Credit”), under this promotion (each an “Eligible Cardholder”).
- To be eligible for rebate of 3-month handling fee (“Handling Fee Rebate Offer”), an Eligible Cardholder’s successfully approved application for the Spending Instalment Plan must be made for transactions at designated merchants (“Designated Merchants”) during the Promotional Period. The monthly handling fee is calculated based on the transaction amount at designated merchants or the approved amount of the Spending Instalment Plan, whichever is lower.
- Each Eligible Cardholder will be entitled to the Handling Fee Rebate Offer once only during each of the periods of 1 February 2019 - 31 May 2019, 1 June 2019 - 30 September 2019 and 1 October 2019 - 31 January 2020. The first approved Spending Instalment Plan in each of the aforesaid periods will be eligible for the Handling Fee Rebate Offer.
- Designated Merchants include Tavolo Kids Living, Panasonic Showroom, Ninki Denki, Impact Medical Imaging Centre, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital — Stubbs Road, Mobile Medical & Health Check Centre Ltd, Beijing Tong Ren Tang Fook Ming Tong Chinese Medical Center, Hong Kong Health Check and Medical Diagnostic Centre, Evangel Hospital, Gleneagles Hong Kong, UMP Medical Centre, Adventist Medical Centre (Causeway Bay), Hong Kong Adventist Hospital — Tsuen Wan, Harmonic Health Medical Centre & Health Complex, Haven of Hope Christian Service, Vio & Partners, MediFast (Hong Kong ) Ltd. , Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees, Prudential Hotel and TSL Jewellery.
- The Spending Credit will be credited to an Eligible Cardholder’s HSBC designated credit card account within 3 months from the approval date. If an Eligible Cardholder makes early repayment of the approved instalment amount or cancels the Spending Instalment Plan before the spending credit fulfilment, no Spending Credit will be offered. If an Eligible Cardholder makes early repayment of the approved instalment amount or cancels the Spending Instalment Plan after the spending credit fulfilment, HSBC reserves the right to debit the relevant Spending Credit amount from the Eligible Cardholder’s designated HSBC credit card account.
- Spending Credit cannot be exchanged for cash, withdrawn as a cash advance and is not transferable.
- No person other than the Eligible Cardholder and HSBC will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- HSBC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or terminate/suspend the offers/Spending Credit, and has the final decision on all matters and disputes arising out of the offers/Spending Credit.
- These terms and conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
Terms and Conditions for Spending Instalment Plan
Key Facts Statement for Spending Instalment Plan
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
Reference number: Y9-U8-CAMH4102
Last update on 14 October 2019